Tremor was originally planned to be in Mortal Kombat Trilogy at one point, but for unknown reasons was replaced in favor of Rain, who had already appeared in the 16-bit console versions of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Tremor can still be seen in the game's instruction manual, incorrectly labeled as Ermac, depicted as an orange ninja along with Rain's original bio (which he evidently inherited with slight alterations). Both can be seen here. Rumors have persisted for the character's inclusion in the main fighting series of MK games from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance up to Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Despite fan interest in the possibility of him making an appearance in Armageddon, Tremor was confirmed by a Midway representative on the company's official discussion forum as not being present in the game. Tremor had been asked by a number of fans to be a DLC character in Mortal Kombat (2011), but co-creator Ed Boon ruled this out, stating that there were characters that he would rather have as DLC characters in the game.
- A member of the Black Dragon clan.
- Freed from custody along with Jarek, Tasia and No Face by Kano.
- Defeated and killed by Jax in MK: Special Forces.
- He is the only ninja character that does not appear in the main games.
- Extremely muscular, he is able to create earthquakes in the ground by punching it (similar to Jax), and also has the ability to shoot fireballs and launch stone missiles that petrify an enemy for a few seconds.
- Tremor was originally going to be orange, but his color was changed to brown to match his earth-based powers.
- Despite being of minor importance, Tremor is very popular amongst some fans of the series.